Monday, February 7, 2011

Flying

Oh damn, I've gotten so busy again! D: No matter how much you like the books you have to read for school (and I like most of them this spring!), they still take TIME! And then there's work and social life and so on... Bohoo ;___; The weather has been awful, too, and doesn't really encourage to dress up nicely - or to do your hair, for that matter. (from Ms Oh My I Guess It's A Hat Day Again with love...)

I have had a few parties for which I've taken the time to get dolled up, but my camera's memory card ran away and I can't find it! (....................... wait. Did I give it to Inka? Hey, Inka, did I give it to you? XD I have another one but God knows where that is...) So there is no photographic evidence of me having looked even remotely decent. D:

EXCEPT for on Saturday, when I reunited with my gals for Satu and Miki's (don't know if she has a blog) studio photoshoot! As our poor heroines ended up taking some billion photos, they're naturally not out yet, so it might take a while before I can show anything - but with such amazing settings, awesome gals assisting, and amazing photographers I trust even my face will have to look presentable in a few photos!



All the other (drop dead gorgeous) girls had barricaded themselves in the hallway, but the four of us who came late camped in front of the only bathroom - and believe it or not, our Doppelganger Club (that is, the two Saara's, left and right in the picture respectively, and us two Hennas, the prettier of which can be seen behind the left-hand Saara) took up pretty much all of the room with our stuff. :DD I think the other Saara and Henna have blogs somewhere too but damn, I can't find them and I just spent 30 minutes trying to ;____; What the heck.


After the photoshooting it was straight to my workplace to ditch all my extra outfits in my locker, and to - gasp - resort to going out in my ugly-as-fuck work shoes because I was stupid enough to think I could walk all day in high heels. XDDDDD EW. Thank goodness I had the furry legwarmers with me so no one really noticed anything funny about my shoes, but damn I felt ugly and self-conscious walking out in them! However, I was heading to a party and the night had a chance to turn into a very long one, and since my feet were hurting at 6 pm I didn't really have a choice...

And it turned out to be a very good idea because the night was looooong and I do believe walking around in my killer heels might have been fatal by the end of the night XD Unfortunately my curls didn't make it to the party, but that's Finnish weather for you, yet again...




Then, while we're waiting for the photoshoot pics to come out, I think I'll just show some pictures I found in my cell while moving the Doppelganger pic to my laptop, mainly to demonstrate my mood over the last few weeks.




Sadness. I still think of this day a lot - that is, my Grandpa's funeral day. You're all probably sick of hearing about it, but don't worry, I'm not gonna get too mopey this time. I just wanted to show you what that day looked like, because even though it was one of the heaviest days in my life and even though it was also one of the coldest days this winter, it was also an extremely beautiful one. Grandpa was always a great friend of nature, and sentimental and silly as it may seem to you, I like to think that Nature kind of wanted to pay him her respects by dressing up in her finest on that day.


Insecurity. What do you think of this outfit? It's very special for me for several reasons I don't particularly want to elaborate here, but I'd like to hear your opinion. Sorry I don't have a better picture, though, and my hair failed a great deal too. .__.



Restlessness. This is Helsinki as seen by me one chilly Saturday morning from the rooftop of my workplace, Stockmann (a department house). You can see the Uspensk Cathedral back there, and a misty horizon that disappears behind the houses - that's where the Baltic Ocean is, near enough to be seen daily but far enough that I never actually bother going to see it. Every time I stand looking in the general direction of it, I can feel my feet itching to go, go, GO already.




Longing. I had a freaking nightmare about being back in Tokyo and it being our last day and me missing several trains on the way to the airport, until I finally ended up in a train that didn't bloody stop in Shinjuku and while I was beginning to fall in despair that I'd never manage to catch my flight, I also noticed that I had left my luggage somewhere. IT WAS AWFUL because you know, I missed home and I was terrified that I had been left alone and that my friends would make it and I wouldn't, but at the same time I was so damn happy about getting to stay there.

I miss Tokyo already. TT_TT


I also haven't been feeling too well lately, both physically and mentally, and last week I finally made the important decision to go to the health inspection my school offers. I haven't been to one for years and I'm terrified of what they'll find. o___o I'm in such a bad shape!

Anyways, I hope to get back to you soon with some hopefully successful shots from last Saturday, but until then - thanks for your support and patience, it means the world to me, and sweet dreams. ♥ See you guys later~

No comments:

Post a Comment